A sumptuous prawn meal in just 24 minutes!
'Sharp-Sharp' Prawn Curry
- 200g Jumbo or Medium Prawns
- Curry Leaves (few leaves)
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Flour
- ½ Onion (chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Fresh Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Scotch Bonnet (chopped)
- 5- 10 Green Beans (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Curry powder
- 4 Tablespoons Oil (olive, soya)
- Preferred Stock Cubes (knorr, maggi, royco, onga)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a pan of heated oil, add the onions and allow to fry until soft. Add the garlic and scotch bonnet
- Add the flour and curry powder. Stir and add ½ - 1 cup of water gradually (ensuring there are no lumps) and allow to simmer
- Add the fresh tomatoes, green beans, curry leaves, salt and spices to taste
- Now, add the prawns, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 3- 4 minutes or until the prawns change colour.
Serve with steamed rice, potatoes, naan or any other sides, including plantain!
If you try it, be sure to send us pictures and let us know how you liked it!