Reading Time: 1’18” || How To Make The Best DIY Cleaning Powder From Eggshells
A happy new month is in order. Welcome to the second half of the year. Today I’ll be sharing one of my favorite household DIYs. Let’s fight the dirt together.
There’s nothing as frustrating as trying to remove burnt patches or dried food from a pot or pan. You try the cleaning powders and they take forever to work. Before they eventually clean the pan or pot, probably all or half of its content has been poured out. That’s money gone just like that.
What if I told you that the secret one-time stain remover has been lying in your trash can all these while and you didn’t even know it?
Curious? It is EGGSHELLS! They make for good abrasive cleaning powders. They work fast and are less toxic than the chemically made cleaning powders. There’s a low chance of skin irritations when used and it is definitely kids friendly. So no more running away from chores.
Here’s how to make the egg shells cleaning powder.
What you’ll need
- Baking Soda
- Mortar and pestle (basically something to grind the shells)
How to make the magic powder.
- Eat the eggs and keep the shells aside.
- Place them on a tray and leave to dry. It can either be sun-dried or oven dried. In the case of the oven, low heat is required. Ensure the shells are properly dried if not they’ll not grind properly. Shells are ready when you can easily grind it with just your hand.
- Using the mortar and pestle or any other grinding tool, grind the shells until they form a coarse powder.
- Add baking soda to the powder
- Now your eggshell cleaning powder is ready.
How to use it: Just like with other cleaning powders, wet the surface and pour the powder. Scrub until your desired level of shine.
This mixture can be used Cooking utensils, sinks & tubs and even toilet bowls. When using on glass or paint coated surfaces, scrub gently to avoid scratches on the surface. Store the mixture in empty jars with lids. If you can punch holes in the lids, perfect! That’s just going to make application easy.
Connect with us on Social Media