Reading Time: 2mins 17secs || Rose Water – The Beauty Holy Grail
Have you heard of rose water? Or better yet, have you heard of what rose water can do for you?
Well if you haven’t yet found your holy grail of beauty products, look no further.
The origin of rose water is said to have come from the famous country of Iran and has been in production for as long as 2500 years. However, it’s fragrant oil and extracts have been said to originate from Greece.
Rosewater comes from the Rosa damascene, a species of the Rosaceae plant. It has a high value in the food industry as it is said to contain several components such as terrenes, glycosides, flavonoids, and anthocyanin, which are beneficial to our health.
Over the years, rose water has been used as a means to treat many ailments such as coughs and reflux. It has additionally been used as a laxative and to reduce blood sugar.
The oil produced from the Rosaceae plant has been documented to treat depression, grief, and stress. It also may have benefits for wound healing, allergies, skin conditions and headaches.
With the countless health benefits rose water offers, containing various vitamins as A, C, E, and B, it’s unimaginable what good it can do your skin. Ladies get in here this one is for you!
Rose water is one of the many anti-inflammatory potions you need to have around. So that means if you suffer from acne, sunburns, discoloration and the likes and are looking for a natural treatment, rose water is just what you need.
How exactly can you implement rose water into your beauty regime, you ask? Nkataa once again to the rescue, try out these easy to do DIY steps in achieving the perfect skin and tackling your skin problems.
Rose Water & Lemon
Just like rose water, lemon is another must use in the world of natural products. Achieve clearer looking skin with this Rosewater and Lemon face wash recipe.
What you need:
- Rose Water. Click here to shop Cici Glam Rose Water.
- Lemon Juice
- A clean bowl
- A glass or plastic bottle
- Cotton wool balls or pads
What to do:
- Measure equal quantities of rose water and lemon juice into your bowl
- Mix together and store in your bottle. That’s pretty much it!
- Clean any trace of makeup of your face and start with a clear face.
- Dampen your cotton wool pads or balls slightly as this cuts down the rough texture of the cotton and prevents it from dragging the skin.
- Dampen your skin with lukewarm water to open the pores
- Apply some of your new rose water and lemon face wash onto your cotton wool and wipe all over your face. (Note: to apply more, use a new piece of cotton wool)
- You can leave for 15 minutes to dry before going ahead to rinse off with lukewarm water following with a splash of cold water to close the pore.
Rose water serves as a great toner so just before you moisturize go ahead and spray some on your face and leave to dry.
And there you GLOW!
Don’t know where to get rose water? No need to look far. Shop Cici Glam’s range of Rose Water from Nkataa. Have you already tried the rose water out? Well, get your hands on the Pure Lavender water or Orange blossom water too. Tell me what you think.
Catch up with all the festivities on our website and all our social media platforms.