This one is pretty straightforward, just 2 ingredients + salt & spices basically!
- Peel the plantains
- Using a grater, grate the plantains in a diagonal direction to get longer strips
- Place grated plantains in a bowl and season with your preference of salt, pepper and spices
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix gently
- Using your hand, take a golf ball size of the plantain mixture, squeeze slightly to kind of bunch it together and gently place each in a pre-heated pan of olive oil
- Allow to cook until brown, and remember to flip them around at intervals so they cook evenly on both sides
- Place them on paper towel to drain any excess oil. Serve.
*Photo credit: www.cookandbemerry.com